Total Pageviews

Monday, June 13, 2011

Cars, Boogie Boards and NO RING(S)!

Sunday was the farmers market - got my habanero salsa - that stuff is HOT.  They also had the 16th annual San Clemente Car show. They had about 300 cars and 20,000 people come to see them.   Coolest collection of cars I have seen.  Will spare everyone from describing each one.

(token GTO picture)


Next we went down to the beach and took a whirl at Boogie Boarding.  Waves were pretty big, but  we were allowed out in the water this time.  Abby and I went first.  She did OK until she got smashed by a couple waves.
Abby catching a wave

Next up - Evan and I.  He got the hang of it in close, so we paddled out in hopes of catching a bigger wave and riding it all the way in.  We both did pretty well, but Evan caught one way out and rode the top of it all the way in - just like a local.  He said it was way cooler than tubing on Lake Erie.
Evan on his way out to catch a "tasty wave"

So after we caught a couple of waves,  I was taking one more run.  I got smashed right at the end.  When I stood up, I felt my wedding ring fall off of my finger.  Another wave crashed and it was gone!
Several people tried to help look but the waves are crazy strong and each wave brings in a bunch of rocks and then the undertow drags them back out.  They really hurt your ankles when you are standing ankle deep.  I actually got knocked down 3 or 4 times while trying to look.  The wife handled it very well as CA has provided her with a sunny disposition!

Watched the end of NBA game at a NY style pizza parlor and am elated to see that Lebron doesn't have a ring either!!!!  We both lost our rings on the same day.  Maybe we will both go to Columbus tattoo parlor and buy one of the buckeye's big ten champ rings together.

No comments:

Post a Comment